Amarillo, TX Mold Damage Remediation
Amarillo Mold Removal
You may see obvious signs of mold growth in your property, but other times the signs of mold may be more subtle, like smelling something musty or sweet.
If you see or suspect mold, call the mold removal specialists of SERVPRO of Amarillo. We'll provide a mold inspection, which includes:
- Examination of common mold growth areas: cabinets under sinks, air ducts, areas with running water sources, and more.
- Sophisticated cameras help us detect moisture behind walls without the mess of demolition.
- Inspect previous water-damaged areas.
- Attic check for roof leaks.
Complimentary Mold Remediation Estimate
If mold is visible or we find growth during our inspection, we'll provide you with a complimentary estimate. Advice and guidance are also free. After all, we're Here to Help.
We've helped restore thousands of properties in our 35-years of experience. We can help you, too.
Contact us today to set up your mold inspection appointment.
Safe Mold Cleanup in Amarillo
We're a Texas Licensed Mold Remediation Contractor, and we understand and follow the mold removal protocols created to keep you safe.
- HEPA Air Filtration - scrubs the air to help catch errant spores
- Containment - helps stop mold spores from spreading
Full-Service Mold Remediation
We can remediate mold from:
- All structures of your property, including air ducts
- Clothing and Textiles
- All types of contents, like toys and collectibles
Your property may need demolition and reconstruction to complete the remediation process when the infestation is severe.
SERVPRO of Amarillo
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (806) 331-4555
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens, irritants, and toxins.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Faster to Any Size Fire Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
Locally Owned, with National Resources
SERVPRO of Amarillo is locally owned and operated, so we are part of the Amarillo community too. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help. We’re also part of a network of over 1960, including special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large-scale fire, water, and storm disasters.
We proudly serve Amarillo, TX, and surrounding areas.
Highly Trained Water and Mold Restoration Specialists
We are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs. Learn about our water and mold training and certificates.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
Step 1: Emergency Contact - (806) 331-4555
The mold cleanup and restoration process begins when you call us. Our representative will ask a series of questions to help us determine the necessary equipment, resources, and personnel.
Step 2: Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
We determine the scope of the mold damage by carefully inspecting your property for visible signs of mold. Since mold can be hidden, we use various technologies to detect mold and hidden water sources.
Step 3: Mold Containment
To keep the mold spores from spreading further, we will use various mold containment procedures. Our professionals may use physical barriers and negative air pressure to isolate the contaminated area and to help prevent the mold spores from spreading through your Amarillo, TX home or business. Also, we’ll turn off the property’s fans and heating and cooling systems to prevent the spread of mold.
Step 4: Air Filtration
We use powerful air scrubbers, HEPA vacuums, and other filtration equipment to remove microscopic mold spores out of the air. This air filtration process and our mold containment process help to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in process.
Step 5: Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
Depending on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces involved, the mold remediation process can vary significantly. In general, we’ll use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and to help prevent new colonies from forming. Depending on the severity of the infestation, we may need to remove drywall, carpeting, and other porous materials.
Step 6: Cleaning Contents and Sanitizing
SERVPRO of Amarillo will use a variety of cleaning techniques and products to clean your furnishings and personal belongings. Since mold infestations also cause a persistent musty odor, our professionals are also trained to remove odors and provide deodorization using fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
During the remediation process, it’s often necessary to remove porous building materials like subfloors, drywall, and carpet. The restoration step returns your Amarillo, TX home or business back to normal. Depending on the severity of mold damage, the restoration step may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, or it may involve a substantial reconstruction project.
SERVPRO knows Mold
In Amarillo, TX, SERVPRO of Amarillo is ready to tackle and resolve any mold issues that arise. SERVPRO professionals understand the anxiety that can happen when a homeowner uncovers mold. Let us help put your worries to rest. Our knowledgeable crew is ready with the gear needed to tackle any mold job. Reach us at (806) 331-4555 - We’re ready to activate our team to remediate your mold.